You probably are familiar with Ted Turner, founder and owner /former owner of many organizations:
- WTBS Turner Network Television
- Time Warner
- Turner Broadcasting
- Hanna-Barbera Productions
- World Championship Wrestling
- Former owner of the Atlanta Braves Baseball Team
- The largest single land holder in the United States.
What many people don’t know is that Mr. Turner donated over 1 billion dollars to the United Nations. He is the founder and chairman of the United Nations Foundation. This puts Mr. Turner in a situation of working with and being surrounded by the top scientist and experts on climate change, environmental issues, agriculture, etc. He is also a recipient of the Albert Schweitzer Gold Medal for Humanitarianism.
In this video clip of Mr. Turner appearing on the Charlie Rose show, many intense issues and projections are addressed:
- Climatologists are predicting major droughts and rising temperatures
- Our reliance on fossil fuel, which is running out, is beyond dangerous
- On the path we are going now, within 30 years, most of the people on the planet will be dead
- It will be 8 degrees hotter within 30 years and not doing anything at this point will be suicide
- We need to make immediate changes in the energy system, population growth, agriculture, and environmental repair
As you can see, the question anymore isn’t where we are headed. Many experts (Department of Defense, Stanford University Professors, NASA, United Nations, etc ) believe we have 5, 10, 15 years before things get really rough, if not sooner. The question is “how are you going to participate in what’s ahead?” Are you going to be a part of the solution, are you going to prepare and live your life as if these situations are real? Or are you going to deny it, rationalize inaction, be a part of the problem, and be the one with your pants around your ankles when things get rough?
Of course, agriculture creates the foundation of society. We believe alternative agriculture holds the key to solving the world’s hunger, pollution, poverty, and energy problems. This is what North Florida Farms is about. This is why we have dedicated our lives to this project. We welcome you to join in on the journey. Access to organic, fresh food is very important, but having agricultural systems which can adapt to what’s ahead is critical. If you are serious about taking action contact us today!
You’re a real deep thinker. Thanks for sharing.